* January - Decided to do something serious with all the writing I'd been doing over the years, and started buying Writing Magazine and Writers Forum magazine.
* March - joined Talkback - one of the best things I've ever done. I've never known support like it.
* April - my dark half Lily Childs' first piece ever published on author Matt Hilton's Thrillers Killers 'n' Chillers site (TK'n'C) - 'Fashion Victim'. I'll never forget that amazing feeling of having something published for the first time.
* June - entered Sunday Express S Magazine Summer Story competition, judged by Katie Fforde, Jill Mansell, Jojo Moyes and Adele Parks.
* August - started blog 'Lily Childs Feardom' at http://lilychildsfeardom.blogspot.com/
* September - won the Sunday Express competition with Summer Breeze! No prize but published with a full interview and article, and nicely illustrated. Plus a follow-up piece in my local paper.
* September - started this blog in my real name at http://micheleranger.blogspot.com/
* December - asked to submit novel to a local publisher when ready.
* December - Lily Childs Feardom awarded a Kreativ Blogger award by crime writer, Col Bury
* Lily Childs has now had eight pieces published on TK'n'C. Some fantastic comments and encouragement.
* Started my mystery/horror novel 'Dispirited'. Am 50,000 words in - so about halfway.
* Was approached by an agent who saw my work on TK'n'C who wants first look at my novel when it's ready
* Won Talkback's 'One Word Challenge' poetry and story once each, and have been shortlisted and runner-up.
* Had an entry in the international Aeon Award competition - didn't win, but at 6,500 words was good writing and editing practise.
* Have an entry in a dark fiction competition - awaiting
* Feel privileged to have been asked to review/read pieces by other writers whose work I respect and enjoy.
* Written a couple of articles for our staff in-house magazine and have been asked for more. Also asked to do some tourism reviews
* Written multiple sets of web guidelines and training manuals
Best thing of all, made some good friends of writers I've met on Talkback, TK'n'C and elsewhere.