Pages

Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Canadian Week and Brit Writers Award

Canadian Week is running over at Michael J. Solender's 'not from here, are you?' Thanks go to Michael for publishing my piece 'Soldier Boy' (by Lily Childs) on the first day - it's up now at http://notfromhereareyou.blogspot.com/2010/05/canadian-week-lily-childs.html.

By virtue of my grandfather being Quebecois I was eligible to enter. I wanted to write something, but had no idea where I would start. To my surprise, what came though was a message to this charming man who abandoned my grandmother during WWII.

It knocked me for six. Had me in tears. I never knew, didn't even suspect that I felt abandoned too by a grandfather who died before I was even born.

Brit Writers Award 2010

Just heard that I'm through to the third round of the Brit Writers' Awards 2010. With over 21,000 entries that feels pretty good!

I entered four short stories and a collection of poetry. Now it's over to the Big Judges!!

No comments:

Post a Comment